Skip to main content

Guns are only a part of the problem

Yet another mass murder in the USA. Gun control, gun control, yeah that will fix it. I'm not against gun control , but I don't see it as THE problem.
There were guns in peoples possession in the 60's, 50's, 40's .......
- there were however also many more mothers raising THEIR  own children who they showed a caring love for  and disciplined with a passion and concern you can only have for your own child.
- there were many more fathers who not only didn't run away from their kids lives , but helped discipline, teach, love and support THEIR own children.
- there were NOT video games given to children to show them how to kill cops, beat old ladies, and rob stores.
- there were not movies to watch that are full of violence and sex with anybody , as long as its not your spouse.
-I've known many young children who in 5 or 7 short years have filled their heads with more garbage and crap then I have even thought about in my 55 years.

People tell me "Thom, it's just a movie" yet when it's got some kind of perceived moral high ground they'll say "Oh, you have to see this movie", "it's so uplifting", "it's got such a great message", "it will change your view/your life/your opinion"
However when I point out the terrible morality and viciousness of other movies they will say it....."Thom! it's just a movie"
 Are they believing that only the positive stories affect our hearts, minds and souls ? That the violence and sexual unfaithfullness in these movies and TV shows somehow don't effect us? That's just stupid !!

I"m not lying when I say the thought of just killing people to kill people has never, occurred to me, it never has . However if you play those games and watch those movie it HAS occurred to you. You're AWARE  of it . Oh yeah, it's just a game. That's right.
Why do we have breast cancer awareness, or prostate cancer awareness or aids awareness ?  Oh yeah so it will be on our minds. Maybe we'll do something good.
These games and movies make us, and more importantly our developing children, aware of gun violence. They even make it fun.
Oh yeah, that's right it's only the good and happy AWARENESS affects us. The bad stuff, well it's only a game, a movie, what ever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Me

There's been many times I've had things to say be it spiritual,social, political,or just micellaneous rambling and I needed a place to vent these thoughts. Comments would be great . I'm laid off from work and have much more time to waste on the computer. This first blog deals with nothing.I'm simply trying to see how it works.

Avoid every kind of evil 1- Thess.5:22 (My radical view of movies)

I'm really exposing myself on this topic. I don't expect anyone to agree with me , but I am being honest and sincere. This is how I feel about movies. 1-Real social interaction- When you have family and friends over isn't it nice to visit,listen and talk to each other or play games and interact, making memories along the way as opposed to watching a screen for hours and saying "Shh, Shh" every time someone tries to converse with you? 2- Movies are my right eye a) sex- Over the years of raising young children many times people have said "It's a great movie, but don't let your kids watch it"....My kids? my kids? What about me? Is it really a good thing for me to watch Hollywood's beautiful and sexy stars enticing the audience the way only Hollywood knows how to do it? (They do it very well, I might add) Matthew 5:28-29 (New International Version) But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adu

"Opportunity" by Berton Bradley

After raising three boys I find I'm always telling , not just them , but there friends too,how great it "used to be ". My parents always did the same as they spoke about the "good old days" . Now, I knew my parents "good old days" consisted of the great depression and a world war that saw 50.000.000 people die . Imagine that. Let that sink in awhile. These were the "good old days". Maybe the " good old days" were good ,because, the good Lord gives us "days "at all. And the sweet,sweet people around us are among the greatest gifts of all His creation. My parents pictures of "the good old days" always consisted of lots of people, in a very small room. Anyway,I get caught up in thinking about the past . This is not good for the next generation ,who have there whole lives stretched out before them. When I was young and in despair my mother shared this book of poems with me .It was at a time, like today ,wh